Brenton K. Morris - Partner
205.278.8000 - Main
205.278.3494 - Direct Fax
Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated **
Practice Areas: Business Litigation; Bankruptcy; Debtor-Creditor Rights; Construction Litigation
* In re John M. Bonnor, Navigator Boats, LLC, and Navigator Boats, Inc., In the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Case Nos. 05-30321, 05-30322, 05-30323 - Served as General Counsel for Chapter 7 Trustee in three related Bankruptcy Cases and related Adversary Proceedings and contested matters.
* Drees v. Turner, 45 So.3d 350 (Ala.Civ.App. 2010) - Successfully defended attorney against invasion of privacy and defamation-type claims allegedly arising out of representation of a client in a child custody proceeding
* In re Hunjan Moulded Products (Alabama) Ltd., Inc., In the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Case No. 05-4637 - Represented Creditor/Interested Party in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and related Adversary Proceeding
* Lake Cyrus Development Co., Inc. v. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as Receiver for Silverton Bank, N.A., In the Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Alabama, Bessemer Division, CV 08-1533 - Represented Mortgagor in wrongful foreclosure and declaratory judgment action against
* Refrigerated Construction Services, Inc. v. Coldmatic Building Systems, Inc., In the United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Case No. CV-01-442 - Represented General Contractor in lawsuit alleging breach of warranty and other claims against product manufacturer
* In re Scott Pogue, In the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Case No. 07-838; Represented Individual Debtor in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case and related Adversary Proceedings
* In re: WWHM, Inc., In the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Case No.09-3404; Represented Chapter 7 Trustee in Adversary Proceeding alleging fraudulent transfer claims against shareholders of debtor corporation
* Cornerstone Health Care Services v. HealthSouth Corporation - recovered a judgment against HealthSouth Corporation for more than $500,000 in the Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Alabama (2013)
AEA Leasing Ltd., LLC
Alabama Insurance Agency, Inc.
America’s First Federal Credit Union
Andress Engineering Associates, Inc.
The Cadle Company
Cahaba Disaster Recovery, LLC
Campbell & Sons Oil Co., Inc.
Cincinnati Insurance Company
Cooper’s Steel Fabricators, Inc.
Cornerstone Health Care Services, Inc.
Daniel Realty Services, LLC
Emerson Software Solutions, Inc.
EVO Merchant Services, LLC
GSH of Alabama, LLC
M5 Management Services, Inc.
The McPherson Companies, Inc.
Merchant Services, Inc.
Metro Truck Rental, Inc.
Moore Oil Co., Inc.
National City Commercial Capital
National Retail Properties, Inc.
Oak Mountain Building Supply
The Penman Group
R.E. Grills Construction Co., Inc.
Serra Automotive Group
Sloan Supply, Inc.
Southern Management Services, Inc.
Southern Pipe & Supply Company, Inc.
Admitted: 1997, Alabama, U.S. District Court, Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Alabama; 2003, U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Law School: University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, J.D., 1997
College: University of Montevallo, B.S., summa cum laude, 1994
Member: Birmingham Bar Association (Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section; Civil Courts Procedure (2014-2015); Mentoring Committee (2012); Pro Bono Committee (2011); Community Education Committee (2010); Scholarship Committee (Chair, 2009; Member, 2007-2009)); American Bar Association; Alabama State Bar (Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section; Future of the Profession Task Force (2016-2017); Quality of Life and, Health & Wellness Task Force (2016-2017).
Biography: Alabama Super Lawyers (2013-2018); Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award; Judge Walter P. Gewin Best Brief Award; Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society; John A. Campbell Moot Court Board; Jessup International Law Moot Court Team; Member, Law and Psychology Review; Member, Construction Law Task Force, Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.; Member, National Association of Subrogation Professionals; Phi Kappa Phi; Omicron Delta Kappa; Phi Alpha Theta.
Born: Talladega, Alabama, October 29, 1971